The Power of ONE-What can You do Today?
Each of us TODAY can do SOMETHING…what do you have? Does it seem too small or insignificant?
There is a great story in the Bible that tells the story of more than 5,000 hungry people needing food… ‘here is a boy with 5 loaves, 2 small fish…but how far will that go among so many hungry people? ’That’s all the food available to the crowd that day. The servers had quite a challenge, where do you get food for 5,000 plus, in the middle of a desert? The boy gave his lunch to Jesus, he blessed it, and it was more than enough! wow!
· In a way, we face the same dilemma don’t we?
· There are 30 million known sexual slaves in the world through human trafficking!
· We have a limited ability to change that.
· What can you, the average person really do?
Below is a list at the very least YOU can do:
1. Get information and pass it on
2. Saturate your area of influence, big or small
3. Choose one organization and support it
4. Get creative, start a Book club and read More Than Rice, or other books on trafficking,raise money through sewing group, get involved in your community, blog information, Connect people, start a new organization, DO something with what you have to give.
5. …I wrote a book…that’s what I have. I traveled to several 3rd world countries years ago.I saw injustices that made me want to do something! I’m a pretty good storyteller…so I wrote a book, More Than Rice, that’s what I have, and a passion to inspire others, I am a simple light, choosing to shine in the world that I have influence in. You can choose to do the same!
6. You never know what can become of what you have to give. Recently I have been asked to advise THE President of a very large and powerful nation. I will meet with he and his wife, and cabinet members later this Spring. So one thing for certain that YOU can do is pray for me the entire month of May. It’s dangerous to go into the world of cartels and drug/human traffickers, to say the least!!! Please pray for me.
7. Don’t say, I’m just one…what can I do?
8. There was one Abe Lincoln
9. One, Jesus, God’s Son
10. One Billy Graham, Mother Theresa etc.
11. I leave you with this simple vow I made when I was 15 years old…
“I am only one, but I am one, I can’t do everything, but I can do something. What I can do I ought to do and by the grace of God I will do!”
Leave a Reply